1.10.2013

First post of the year

I've sold a ton of products through a few craft shows in NJ. Deb is an awesome craft show buddy! Check her stuff out at La Sirene et Le Corbeau

Since it's gotten a lot colder, I've had some soap issues. My batter's been lumpy, so I've had to hold off on the soap making and focus on creating other products. But I just got gifted a space heater tonight so it's time to make some soap! I've expanded my product line to include solid lotion bars, and laundry soap. All natural, vegan goodness. Tomorrow I'm ordering containers to start up my lip balms, and I'm working on the recipes now. Possible flavors will be: peppermint, spearmint, lemongrass, tangerine, pink grapefruit, an unscented one and possibly a chocolate one if I can pull it off. I've decided against using flavor oils.. there's too many complicated ingredients and they seem a bit iffy, so I figure let's go for a more natural approach with essential oils. 


I've been researching what's in some commonly used lip balms and it is scary. I'll do a followup post at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment